This article on alternet.org could also be called ‘How Christian Conservatism Keeps Women Small’, because that’s what the following ten evangelical sex/relationship tips are really all about.
- By keeping the house clean and spreading the scent of fresh bread a woman may prevent her husband from fucking around. But if it happens anyway, just accept that it is in a man’s nature.
- A woman needs to submit to her husband. Even if he is a complete asshole. If he wants to have sex, you give it to him.
- Women, check out the website Christian Nymphos (please, PLEASE do, it’s hilarious!) to learn how to be the sexy woman God wants you to be and spice up your sex life – once you are married of course, not before.
- If you are gay, marry someone of the opposite sex and try to forget about it. It’s that easy, really.
- Men, don’t masturbate (women don’t do that anyway) or join an accountability group. Otherwise your hand will fall off – or something.
- Married men need sex, so women have to provide no matter what.
- If a woman wants more sex than her husband, she has to accept the fact that he doesn’t and be happy with a cuddle and the idea of everlasting, pure love.
- If a woman wants an abortion, she really and secretly just wants her husband to prevent her from getting one.
- By not french kissing and petting you prevent yourself from having sex before marriage. Once you are married, you can catch up!
- Do everything in your power to prevent your teenage child from having sex. Don’t leave her/him alone because before you know it a penis will slide into a vagina!
This is how a patriarch society, based on so called christian values, keep men powerful and women under their thumbs. In my opinion this is also how you create very frustrated people – and we all know what frustration can lead to behind closed doors.